Madrid will be the first underground in the world to kick start this innovative idea. Thanks to a partnership between 'Metro de Madrid', Twitter, JCDecaux and Grupo Secuoya
Metro Madrid will be the first underground in the world to integrate the voice of its Twitter users in its television channel, Canal Metro Madrid. Metro Madrid’s television programming will be updated in order to offer users the best tweets on the most interesting trending topics. The channel’s spectators turn into active users, as they become involved and participate in providing information, current affairs and viral news. The project is a partnership between Madrid’s underground ‘Metro de Madrid’, JCDecaux as licensee of Canal Metro, Grupo Secuoya, as content provider of the underground’s channel, and Twitter – which enabled the development of this project.
How does it work?
At the end of September, Twitter launched a new tool in Spain known as “Moments”, which offers users the opportunity to create content from different publications. A ‘Moment’ is a content that is created by linking several publications together in such a way as to tell a story.
This agreement on Twitter Moments will allow registered users to tweet messages regarding any given current affairs event, which will then be transferred, almost in real time, to the Metro screens. Citizens will thus be building the news themselves, and creating, through their messages, an interactive, dynamic and attractive space on Canal Metro.
Messages are selected with a tool that chooses the most creative and relevant messages, which are then uploaded into an audiovisual piece that is aired a few minutes later. In this way, current content is enriched, adding value for users to enjoy a much more lively channel that follows the very latest news.
Canal Metro Madrid will offer a new type of content, which will become part of the channel’s usual running order that reaches 2 million commuters who choose this means of transport every day.
With this new idea, Canal Metro is once again on the cutting edge of modern technology. Almost a million spectators are reached every week through the 2300 screens that are made available to ensure coverage of this project.
By creating and sharing Twitter content in a different way, this initiative takes Canal Metro one step further in its digitalization as it becomes a benchmark in the audiovisual world. More users are reached, as they become participants and co-creators of the content that is aired on the screens.
The team that has made this work possible is made up of personnel from ‘Metro de Madrid’, Twitter Spain, JCDecaux and Grupo Secuoya. This innovative digital project for Canal Metro will result in an improved service for all of Madrid’s citizens, whilst also offering advertisers new means of communicating with its audience.
- Turnover in 2015: 3.208m€.
- JCDecaux is listed on Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index.
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index.
- Nº 1 in the world of street furniture (524.580 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in the world in advertising in public transport, with over 230 airports and 280 contracts in the underground, buses, trains and trams (395.770).
- Nº 1 in Europe in large format (177.760 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in communication in Europe (731.390 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in communication in Asia Pacific (236.760 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in communication in Latin America (51.470 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in communication in Africa (32.840 advertising billboards).
- Nº 1 in the world in self-rental bicycles: pioneer in the concept of sustainable mobility.
- 1.129.410 advertising billboards in over 75 countries.
- Present in 4.435 cities with over 10.000 inhabitants.
- Daily audience reached: over 390 million people.
- 12.850 members of staff.
About Grupo Secuoya
Grupo Secuoya provides value solutions in the world of content through its large business branches. Secuoya provides audiovisual services, creation and production of entertainment and fiction formats, communication and marketing services as well as a corporate division for major brands. Secuoya’s television division manages Murcia’s regional television channel and holds the license for Ten, a TDT national channel. In addition, at the international level, Grupo Secuoya is present in the United States of America, Peru, Colombia and Chile through it international division Secuoya Content Distribution.